1990 Srinagar IAF Attack: Another Witness Points to Suspects

1990 Srinagar IAF Attack: Another Witness Points to Suspects.webp

Jammu, February 21 Another eyewitness on Saturday identified Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yasin Malik and Mohd Rafiq Pahloo alias "Nanaji" as one of the shooters involved in the January 25, 1990, attack on a group of Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel in Srinagar, officials said.

The key prosecution witness identified the two accused during a hearing at the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act (TADA) court in Jammu, they said.

Earlier on January 31, another eyewitness had identified Malik's close confidant Shoukat Bakshi as one of the shooters.

In January 2024, Malik was identified as the main shooter by former IAF corporal Rajwar Umeshwar Singh, who survived the terror attack in which four IAF personnel were killed.

Besides the four personnel – including squadron leader Ravi Khanna – who were killed, 40 people were injured in the incident which took place in Rawalpora on the outskirts of Srinagar on January 25, 1990.

The IAF personnel were waiting for their pickup to the old Srinagar airfield for duty when they came under fire from terrorists.

A chargesheet was filed on August 31, 1990 against Malik and five others before the designated TADA court here.

The other accused in the killing of the IAF personnel are JKLF operatives Ali Mohammed Mir, Manzoor Ahmed Sofi alias Mustafa, Javed Ahmed Mir alias 'Nalka', Javed Ahmed Zargar and Nanaji.
 
Tags Tags
criminal investigation iaf personnel indian air force jammu and kashmir january 25, 1990 attack mohd rafiq pahloo rajwar umeshwar singh rawalpora shooter shoukat bakshi srinagar tada court terrorism terrorist and disruptive activities (prevention) act yasin malik
Back
Top