
Los Angeles, February 19 – Hollywood actor Shia LaBeouf, who had previously been arrested in New Orleans, was seen back on the streets for Mardi Gras.
The 39-year-old actor was seen dancing on Bourbon Street with other revelers before city officials later shut down the festivities, according to reports in 'People' magazine.
Videos circulating online show the actor wearing Mardi Gras beads around his neck and holding paperwork related to his release from jail, according to local news outlet WGNO.
Earlier that morning, LaBeouf had been arrested following an alleged altercation outside a business on Royal Street.
In a statement, the New Orleans Police Department said officers responded to the 1400 block of Royal Street at approximately 12:45 a.m. on February 17, in response to a report of simple assault where two victims (two adult males) reported being assaulted. Investigators say a man identified as 39-year-old Shia LaBeouf was reportedly causing a disturbance and becoming increasingly aggressive at a business on Royal Street. A staff member attempted to eject Mr. LaBeouf from the establishment. Once removed from the building, the victim reported being struck by LaBeouf, who used his closed fists on the victim several times.
The victims reported that LaBeouf left, but then returned, acting even more aggressively", Police added, "Multiple people attempted to restrain him, but he was eventually let go in the hope that he would leave, but he reportedly struck the same victim again with his fists".
According to 'People', the actor then reportedly assaulted another person, punching him in the nose". Bystanders restrained the actor until officers arrived, authorities said. "LaBeouf was again restrained until police arrived", the statement continued.
He was then taken to a hospital for treatment of unknown injuries. After receiving treatment, he was arrested and charged with two counts of simple assault, a misdemeanor. The actor appeared virtually in court Tuesday afternoon in connection with the charges.