
New Delhi, February 21 The Red Fort complex in Delhi will now be open to visitors on all days of the week, including Monday, according to officials of the Archaeological Survey of India.
Previously, the monument from the Mughal era, which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, was closed on Mondays every week.
"An order has been issued by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), according to which the Red Fort in Delhi will be open on all days of the week, including Monday," a senior official said.
The ASI official said that since the issuance of the recent order, it has already come into effect, and the fort site in Old Delhi was open on February 16.
The order, dated February 13, was signed by the Director General of the ASI, which administers centrally protected monuments in the country.
