February 20, New Delhi – The British monarchy faced unprecedented turmoil after former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on February 19 on suspicion of misconduct in public office linked to sharing confidential trade documents with the late sex offender, Jeffrey Epstein.
Police detained him at Sandringham Estate and conducted searches at properties in Norfolk and Berkshire, including his former Royal Lodge residence. He was later released under investigation the same evening.
Andrew remains eighth in line to the throne despite being stripped of titles last year. Meanwhile, King Charles III said the law must take its course and pledged palace support.
The family of Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre described the arrest as a victory amid ongoing investigations into newly released files, while U.S. President Donald Trump called the development “very sad” for the royals.
(File Photo: Former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor)
Police detained him at Sandringham Estate and conducted searches at properties in Norfolk and Berkshire, including his former Royal Lodge residence. He was later released under investigation the same evening.
Andrew remains eighth in line to the throne despite being stripped of titles last year. Meanwhile, King Charles III said the law must take its course and pledged palace support.
The family of Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre described the arrest as a victory amid ongoing investigations into newly released files, while U.S. President Donald Trump called the development “very sad” for the royals.
(File Photo: Former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor)


