
Chandigarh, February 17 Some schools in Mohali, Punjab, received bomb threat emails on Tuesday, which also mentioned Fortis Hospital, prompting police to launch a search operation, officials said.
"The bomb threat to the schools also mentioned Fortis Hospital in Mohali, where we conducted anti-sabotage checks. Non-essential services were kept on hold while essential services continued," a senior police official said in Mohali.
He said the police were conducting checks in the schools.
Security had already been strengthened in and around Fortis Hospital in Mohali after Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted there. Chief Minister Mann was re-admitted to the hospital on Monday evening, hours after he was discharged from the health facility. Mann was admitted again after he experienced exhaustion, according to sources.
On Wednesday, sixteen private schools in Mohali had received bomb threat emails, triggering evacuation and prompting detailed anti-sabotage checks by police.
However, after a detailed inspection, no suspicious or explosive material was found at any of the locations.
The latest scare comes in the wake of similar threats in schools in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala and Haryana. All threats turned out to be hoaxes.

