Punjab Police Investigate Bomb Threat Emails Targeting Mohali Schools and Fortis Hospital

Punjab Police Investigate Bomb Threat Emails Targeting Mohali Schools and Fortis Hospital.webp

Chandigarh, February 17 Some private schools in Mohali, Punjab, received emails threatening bomb attacks, which also mentioned Fortis Hospital. Following this, non-essential services at the hospital were temporarily suspended, officials said on Tuesday, adding that no suspicious activity was found.

Mohali City SP Dilpreet Singh said that the emails also mentioned Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann.

"The bomb threats to the schools also mentioned Fortis Hospital in Mohali, where we conducted anti-sabotage checks. Non-essential services were temporarily suspended, while essential services continued," Dilpreet Singh told reporters in Mohali.

He said that the police conducted thorough checks at the hospital and the schools, but nothing suspicious was found at any of the locations.

Security had already been strengthened around Fortis Hospital in Mohali after Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann was admitted there. Chief Minister Mann was re-admitted to the hospital on Monday evening, hours after he was discharged from the health facility. Sources said that Mann was admitted again after he experienced exhaustion.

Last week, sixteen private schools in Mohali had received bomb threat emails, triggering evacuations and prompting detailed anti-sabotage checks by the police.

However, after a thorough inspection, no suspicious or explosive material was found at any of the locations.

Dilpreet Singh said that in the emails received on Tuesday, the same email address was used.

"In the previous (Wednesday's) threat, during technical investigations, we found that the IP address was from the USA and the recovery email link was from Bangladesh. The same pattern has been followed today as well, with the same IP and email address being used," he said.

With board and other final exams being held in schools currently, the police said that they took necessary precautions to avoid causing any panic.

"We want to assure parents that there is no cause for panic, and normal activities continue," Dilpreet said.

Notably, this latest scare comes after similar threats in schools in Chandigarh, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, and Haryana. All the threats turned out to be hoaxes.
 
Tags Tags
amritsar anti-sabotage checks bomb threats chandigarh email threats exam security fortis hospital haryana hoax threats ip address tracking jalandhar mohali, punjab patiala private schools punjab chief minister security measures threat investigation
Back
Top