
Lucknow/Meerut (UP), February 16 Five district courts in Uttar Pradesh, including Lucknow, received bomb threats, triggering a search operation that involved bomb and dog squads in the court premises, officials said.
Nothing suspicious has so far been recovered in the court premises of Lucknow, Meerut, Amroha, Azamgarh, and Varanasi, where the bomb threats were received, they said.
Similar threats were also received by five courts in Karnataka, the Nainital district court in Uttarakhand, and nearly three dozen schools in Gujarat.
In Lucknow, a threat message via email was sent to the district judge around 7 am, they said.
"The court premises were thoroughly checked, searched, and frisked under the supervision of senior police officials, bomb detection and disposal squad, and dog squad were also deployed," SHO of Wazeerganj police station Rajesh Kumar Tripathi told