Shinde Directs Pune to Employ Pahalgam Attack Victim's Daughter

Shinde Directs Pune to Employ Pahalgam Attack Victim's Daughter.webp

Mumbai, February 16 Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Eknath Shinde on Monday directed the Pune civic chief to appoint Asawari Jagdale, the daughter of Pahalgam terror attack victim Santosh Jagdale, into government service.

A statement from his office said that Shinde had assured the Jagdale family after the attack that Asawari would be inducted into government service.

Accordingly, Shinde spoke to Pune Municipal Commissioner Navalkishore Ram. Shinde holds the Urban Development portfolio and the Pune Municipal Corporation falls under his jurisdiction.

Asawari was also contacted, and inquiries were made about her educational qualifications. Directions were given to appoint her to a position that aligns with her appropriate qualifications, it said.

"The government is sensitive to the issue and should appoint Asawari to government service as soon as possible," Shinde said.

Ten months after a terror attack in Pahalgam, Asawari is still waiting for the Maharashtra government to fulfill its promise of a state job.

While Asawari expressed her concerns on Monday in Pune, BJP leader Navnath Ban promised to directly escalate the issue of the delay to Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.

Asawari's father, Santosh Jagdale, was one of the 26 people who died when terrorists opened fire in Pahalgam's Baisaran meadows on April 22 last year.

Following the massacre, the state government had announced financial aid of Rs 50 lakh to the families of the six victims from Maharashtra and government employment for their next of kin.
 
Tags Tags
april 22 asawari jagdale baisaran meadows devendra fadnavis eknath shinde financial aid government employment job opportunities maharashtra government navalkishore ram pahalgam terror attack pune municipal corporation santosh jagdale state job victims of terrorism
Back
Top