Uttarakhand Police Investigate Bomb Threat at Nainital Court

Uttarakhand Police Investigate Bomb Threat at Nainital Court.webp

Nainital, February 16 The Uttarakhand Police launched a search and rescue operation on Monday after receiving a bomb threat at the Nainital District Court, according to police officials.

On Monday morning, a bomb threat, claiming that explosives had been planted in the court premises and warning of an explosion at 12:15 pm, was received via the official email address of the Nainital District Judge, police said.

No one has claimed responsibility for the one-line threat, they added.

Given the seriousness and sensitivity of the matter, joint teams of police, the bomb squad, and the dog squad evacuated various court premises in Nainital, Nainital, Haldwani, and Ramnagar, and conducted a search operation.

According to the police, no suspicious object has been found yet, but the search operation will continue for security reasons.

Nainital Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manjunath TC said, "After receiving the threatening email, a thorough search operation was conducted in all court premises according to the standard operating procedure (SOP). Nothing incriminating has been found so far, and there is no need for people to panic."

Police are registering an FIR against an unknown person and tracing IP addresses to identify the source of the email, he said.

The SSP said that strict action will be taken against anyone found guilty in the case.
 
Tags Tags
bomb threat court premises email threat fir (first information report) haldwani investigation ip address tracking law enforcement nainital district court police investigation ramnagar search and rescue operation security operation threat assessment uttarakhand police
Back
Top